Followers

Thursday, June 6, 2013

What are you Wading For???

Aloha! Looking around blogland I see I'm not the only one bitten by the beach bug! With so many different beach and summer type challenges coming around I can't help but start my annual daydream of vacationing in Hawaii! And with Hawaii on the brain what better way to perk up my craft room *cough (kitchen table)* than with an adorable hanging sign to keep hope alive! Hey I WILL have my vacation in the Hawaiian Islands one day, but first and foremost, I want my own house built, complete with a custom kitchen and bathroom. Since hubby and I are in the process of trying to make that happen a Hawaiian vacation, as well as the new bed I so dearly need, is on hold. Now I know you're probably thinking what on earth does that have to do with the price of tea in China, or more importantly, my blog right? Well it just so happens that while replacing the wooden slats that came with my bed (which were actually quite flimsy), my hubby had two rather small pieces of wood left over. Too small for him to use for anything so he handed them over to me saying and I quote "Here, I'm sure these wont be here a week before you find something to do with them". He was right! A million and one ideas have been going through my head and I finally settled on my adorable sign! (P.S. in my project description, all the 'S' words will start with a red capital letter 'S', follow the Simon Says Stamp and Show link to find out why!)
Fleur Anya

Fleur Anya

Fleur Anya
 
 

 

Ahhhh, doesn't this just make you want to hit the beach? And just in time to bring cheer to the drab wet weather we're currently having here. I created this sign as I mentioned, out of a spare bit of wood. I started by painting the Summery Sandy Scene in acrylic paints. I then Stamped TGF's Fleur Anya on paper and colored her in a Sunny yellow colored dress. I Stenciled the word "Aloha!" and colored in with Prismas. Next I took a couple of Splashy Stickers from my Stash including a big wave, crab, Starfish, and Sea Shell for decoration. To complete the look, I added Stickles to just about EVERYTHING and finished it off by covering the Sun, Sea Shell and the word 'Aloha' in Judykin's Diamond Glaze. (Man that 'S' thing got old QUICK lol). As you can see from the different pictures, my masterpiece moved around A LOT but the final picture will be its forever home, well until I get my dream home anyway! I hope to enter my project in the Cupcake Inspirations Challenge where the inspiration is the most amazing cupcake I've ever seen, a beautiful beach scene, the TPE Challenge #202- Summer Time, Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge, Brought to you by the Letter "S", The ABC Challenge, O for Open, and last but not least The Greeting Farm  Retro Fresh Challenge, Bring on the Sun. So, What are you Wading for? Go have some Summer fun!
-Krys

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous creation, fun summer colors. Thanks for joining us at ABC for our challenge
    hugs Louise

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm back! And just in time to see this gorgeous creation! I'm actually just coming home from a week by the beach so this is perfect! And I love that TGF stamp mucho! so bright and fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous! Makes me want to take a trip to Hawaii! So glad you shared at Cupcake Inspirations!
    {hugs}
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete